Congratulations to everyone who raced at UConn yesterday, we had a strong showing including two 2nd place finishes: Maura Driscoll in the women’s race and our men’s team in the overall standings!
See below for this week’s announcements.
Week Ahead in Running Club
**All runs start and end at the bear statue outside the Nelson Fitness Center. Come early to stretch and put your belongings in the locker rooms (in the Nelson basement)**
Mon 9/23 – Fri 9/27: Regular run at 4:15pm
Mon 9/23: #MoveMeMonday Challenge
Fri 9/27: Fun Sock Friday! Wear your favorite funky socks!
Sat 9/28: Regular run at 10am
Sun 9/29: Brown Bear Invitational (details below), no practice
Brown Bear Invitational
Our home meet, the Brown Bear Invitational, is coming up this weekend! The race is at Stanley Park in Westfield, MA on Sunday, September 29th. Use this form to sign up by Tuesday, September 24th at 11:59PM.
Want your own BRC shirt? Use this form to order by Monday, September 30th.
On Saturday, October 5th, we’re going back to CCRI (where our scrimmage was) for another race. There will be a 5k for women and an 8k for men. Use this form to sign up by Tuesday, October 1st.
Do you want to race with us this season, or do you want to hear about our workout plans? There are a few steps to get signed up.
- Competitive team interest form: To let us know you’re interested, fill out this form. We’ll send out workout plans each week to everyone who does, so even if you aren’t sure you want to race, you should fill it out!
- Club sports waiver: In order to race with us, you’ll need to be on our roster with the club sports department. Follow this link, find Running, click Registration, and follow the instructions.
- Dues: Dues go toward the costs of race registration and transportation, and have been described by multiple club members as the best $50 they’ve ever spent.
- Dues for the year are $60, or $30 for just the fall semester.
- Dues can be paid with Venmo to @brownrunningclub or in cash to a club leader.
- We offer financial aid to anyone for whom dues would pose a financial hardship. When you fill out the competitive team interest form simply check “I wish to receive financial aid” and the fee will be waived with no questions asked.
- Competitive team contract: All runners who want to compete must complete the competitive team membership contract agreeing to our team policies. Use this form to sign the contract.
Use this link to add yourself to our messenger group chat.
Running Club Calendar
Our practice, race, and cross training schedules are on our Google Calendar. Add it so you can always see what’s going on!